Pages

Friday 27 July 2012

Artwork Update July

Hi everyone! I'm here to update you on how my first 2 weeks back at TAFE have gone.

I'm starting lots of self-directed projects this term, which is both worrying and exciting because I have to come up with my own ideas for what to make (within subject guidelines).

For my conceptual drawing class I am continuing the drawings I did of draped sheets (around me) in bed that I showed you a month ago (here). I have new photos and I'm starting by experimenting with different materials. My first little tests are these two:

The drawing on the left was done with compressed charcoal (and was drawn with a little less care, I must admit), and the right drawing is willow charcoal (like my previous drawings). Upon careful consideration my teacher and I decided that the right one is better. What do you think?

Then for my multi-disciplinary drawing class my big idea is to do a lot of text and drawings using wire and hot glue. So far it's not turning out anywhere near as elegant as I imagined:

 I bet you can't read what it says!

 I have two painting classes, and in one of them I am painting myself. It took a lot of courage to decide to do that, because the positions I'm in are related to when I was ill with OCD and struggling to get into bed. But I wanted to paint the figure, and I can't get a live model in class every week, so I came up with this. I started the first painting today. Here's a look at my work area at TAFE:



And here's what I'd done after my first class today:


It is just the bare shapes at the moment. I really struggled getting the proportions right, and even now I am not happy with it. My teacher assures me it can all be fixed though so I'm not despairing (yet).

And lastly here is a quick look at the three paintings I did for our project week at Luna Park. They are now on display at my TAFE. What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment