Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

Artwork Update June 2012 Part 4


Now I'd like to show you the best of my work from my Conceptual Drawing class. I set it all up on a wall in my classroom (sorry about the desk in the way):





Here are some close ups. First, my ink/water drawings based on the bark of a tree in an old National Geographic:





My favourite drawings for the year. These I did on cartridge paper with willow charcoal (using paper stumps). They are made from photos I took of myself in bed. I like them so much (and got good feedback on them from my teacher) that I plan to use this technique for my self-directed project next term.








Here are some small ink drawings that are inspired by my experience with mental illness.

"Pretend"
 
"Fear"

"Insatiable"
 You might recognise this one as similar to a drawing from 2011 called "Illness" - this was inspired by it, but I'm not sure which version I prefer.


 "Desperation"

"Distraction"
 
 "Madness"
 I'm not 100% happy with this. I meant it to be never-ending, always changing, but with a more jagged edge than shown here.




These are my first works for this year, that were for a project about blurring images. I used one of my mum's kitchen dishes, and experimented with charcoal, fixative, and rubbers.

My favourite technique I discovered was used to make the drawing below. I drew the dish with willow, compressed charcoal, and white conte. Then I fixed it, then went over the top with red conte. Finally I used my rubber to smear the red conte into a pattern.






Finally, I am also fond of these artworks. Like the bark drawings above, these were inspired by images of flowers and leaves in old National Geographics. I used white pens on paper, then water to make these ghost-like effects.





I would love comments about what you think of these artworks, by the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment